Monday, February 22, 2010

Hello Sunshine!

In these crazy weeks of rain, we had a break today and for a few hours there was sun, in between big clouds that brought some small sprinkles. I escaped my apartment and sat at Las Columnas, our standard hangout on the Alameda, and slowly drank a cafe con leche and studied Spanish. I must have sat outside for at least two hours, thoroughly enjoying this lovely, warm yellow thing in the sky! Lol. It was a really lovely day, plus very productive because I made it through four chapters in the Spanish textbook I'm doing on my own to catch up to my new class. So now I'm halfway through it! Yay!

This past weekend the girls and I went to the most wonderful and affordable Italian restaurant in barrio Santa Cruz near the Cathedral. It used to be an old Arabic bathhouse, but has been converted to a beautiful restaurant. As we walked in we saw a picture of the owner with Cameron Diaz and Tom Cruise when they were in town. Lol. The food was delicious and surprisingly cheap, and I will definitely be taking Dad there when he visits!

Speaking of Dad, he leaves for Cancun tomorrow and I admit I'm a bit jealous. He'll be hanging on the beach and I'll be trodding around in the rain. But at least I'm not home in the snow! hee hee.

Not much else to update. Just working, learning Spanish with a passion, and counting down til Dad's visit in five weeks!

:)

No comments: