Saturday, November 12, 2005

Burg Nanstein

Hi all! Today Chuck and I checked out my village, Landstuhl. It is quite lovely. We walked around town, saw a few churches, a graveyard from WWII, and climbed up to the top of a hill where the beautiful ruins of Burg Nanstein are. The castle has been destroyed and rebuilt many times, and the remains are great. Took lots of pics. Have already sent them out to you. So, if you aren't receiving my email links to the pics, please tell me because I might not have your email address added to that group.

If your name is MONICA LEVY, I need your email address. I realized I have no way to contact you and I want to. I need your email address and your home address and please update me on how you are, ok?

School this week was pretty tame. I didn't do much and got off early most days. Next week will be more strenuous. I have lots of lessons to give. I hope to give a bunch on Thanksgiving, one on media/technology in American high schools, a discussion class to lead, I'm also taking over the principal's English class all week, Tuesday through Friday. So I'm planning to do a lesson on stress (I'd like to lead some yoga, get a little movement and excitement going on, but with a group of 9th graders I'm not sure that will work....) and the rest of the week everyday English. Not as exciting as getting them all to balance in Warrior Pose, but oh well. I'd love to do a lesson on book banning. Chuck got one of his classes to ban the Declaration of Independence and the Bible after they said they wouldn't ban books. (Of course he just pulled sections from the works and didn't tell them what it was from.) Sounds so interesting! I still haven't started a club yet, I just don't know what to do! If you have any ideas for one, please let me know!!

Dad and Kathie, thanks for the shoes and shirts. Megan and Mary, thanks for the candy and the continual letters/cards, I really love them!

My dance partner for ballroom on Tuesday wasn't bad. He can do the steps, we'll work on his lead, and the international style came back to me for the most part so it wasn't embarrassing thank goodness!

It's getting chilly here. Is the weather still crazy warm at home?

Hope everyone is well. : )

1 comment:

Megan said...

hi kate...b is here with me and she says hi too...great pictures :)