Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Voiceless Me

I'm a bit erkaeltet (I have a cold). I knew I was getting sick this weekend, and then after the 5 hours on Monday and a few yesterday, plus the business, lack of sleep and lots of excitement and being outside in the freezing cold wetness, well. I woke up this morning without much of a voice and Thomas said if I couldn't talk I oughtn't come in. So I phoned him at 6:30 to whisper that I'd be staying home today.

I spent the day drinking tea and sucking on "Bon-Bons" as they call cough drops. Chuck came over and we whispered together seeing as how he's sickly as well. Then I made my way to the Apotheke (pharmacy) and the nice lady helped me pick out some more Bon-Bons (I would prefer a package of Halls, but getting to the base is too much work). So tonight instead of going out I'm calling it a quiet in-night, and hoping I'll have more of a voice for school tomorrow. Also tonight there was a get-together in my building to get to know some of the other residents, since a German dorm is not at all like an American one where people just go introduce themselves. No siree Bob.

Just over a month until I'm home! I'm so excited!

2 comments:

Megan said...

i hope you had fun on your sick day and you're better tomorrow to go face the world of teaching in germany :)....big hugs!

emotionalrangeofateaspoon said...

Hey Kate,
I hope you feel better soon.
Did Chuck study in Tuebingen? He looks exactly like a Chuck who was there when we were, and it was wierd because we were from the same home town, but rival high schools. I'm just wondering if he ended up there with you. Small world.
Talk to you soon!
~