Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Scotland

I'm back! Scotland was wonderful. I got to see Auntie, Amy and Mary, and lots of beautiful countryside. We stayed in Glasgow, where I saw a lovely cathedral, the oldest house in the city, and a cool cemetary called the Necropolis plus saw a bit of town and the pubs. Man are the one-way streets insane and nerve-wracking!!

We took half a day to drive across country, 45 miles, to Edinburgh. I still can't say it right! We didn't have much time but we still saw the castle and the Royal Mile, lots of fun shops. If only things were so sauteuer (darn expensive)!

We also took a day trip, almost 12 hours in the car, up north and then down around a peninsula called Kintyre. It was only 125 miles there but the roads were so curvy and windy that you couldn't go faster than 40 mph, 30 in most places. How crazy. And we took one road that was only one lane along the coast for over an hour. It was so beautiful! The landscape was amazing. So many green fields, rounded mountains, rivers and lochs, tons of sheep! On the one-lane road there were sheep in the middle of the road and we stopped to take pics. lol. We made pit-stops and one was castle ruins in Skipness where there was also ruins of an abbey. I stepped in a big pile of sheep poo and then the chased us! Ok, not really, the sheep dog saved it, but there was a moment of sheep fear! Auntie laughed at me.

When I got back to Germany at midnight, the middle of nowhere airport had lots of snow, so the drive home took way longer. But it was beautiful. I could see the white fields in the dark, and Nadeem rolled down the windows and let the snow fly in. What fun!

So I'm exhausted after the trip and work and everything else I've been doing. But it's good. It was so amazing to get to go to Scotland!!! I'll put pics up soon.

I didn't get a real Turkey Day meal. I kept planning on eating apple pie there, but then once I ate there wasn't room for dessert! lol. So I hope you guys had some for me.

Just under a month until I'm home!

OH! Congrats to Michelle! She had her baby last week. Miles Chase. He's having some challenges, so don't forget to get in touch with her and keep her and Miles in your prayers.

Love and miss everyone! : )

1 comment:

Megan said...

it's good to hear you had a good time in scotland kate :)...keep up the good travels and have some fun in the snow...big hugs!