Thursday, June 21, 2007

Let Me Eat My Foot....Thanks

Today was nowhere near yesterday's "work". I went in to see how the doggy day care runs and what the girls will need to do. I was there for three hours, then they said I could go or stay and I bolted.

So I like dogs. In fact, they are my favorite animal. So naturally I thought it would be a walk in the part, getting paid to play with dogs. Um, no. First of all, the stench when you walk in. OMG. For the first hour I didn't even want to inhale b/c it was quite strong. The small dogs are cute. The medium dogs are cute. The big dogs are BIG. And there are a LOT of them.

I followed the lady into the big dog area and suddenly the thirty or so dogs there got excited by a new face and started jumping on me and I about freaked. One or two I could handle, but almost being knocked over and the worst part was that they have some sharp toenails. So my arms, back and stomach got cut up. My poor arms look like I took a knife to them. I was about ready to turn and run at that point. But then I realized I was over-reacting and they would calm down. And some did.

There are also pools for the dogs, so they in, jump out, then jump on you. So I will be wearing some very old clothes to work b/c of the jumping, water, and other things left on the ground.

And then the girls come tomorrow, and after hearing some of the "challenges" they have been posing, well........but who wants a boring job? ; ) Of course, the constant barking does get annoying after a few hours. lol.

But some are so sweet and want to be petted constantly and that is nice.

I think this position will just take some time to get used to.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I can hear you now "Oh my dear goodness". Hey, now you know what Afghanistan smells like. Only, it's the people, not the animals, who are the smelliest!

Toni said...

Dogs and camels are better than humans.

Megan said...

Stay strong kate :) All I can smell now is the chlorine from swim practice this morning.

Anonymous said...

Kate! You have so many interesting adventures! you've made me want to go swimming too - although not in a mouldy pool. That's probably all i'd find in tokyo though :D

xo kate