Monday, June 18, 2007

Weekend with Orkun : D






This weekend was waaaaaay too much fun! First Isaac and I checked out The Emerald House on Friday night and danced until my knee couldn't support me anymore.


Saturday Orkun came to town and after a nice dinner we went dancing. No one was at Casa Grande, so just before midnight we went to the Beach Club. (and can I just say that GPS is the most amazing thing and I soooooo need it! I was like a little kid in a trance trying to figure out how it was so smart. Very helpful.)


The Beach Club was packed, as usual, but Orkun and I salsaed the night away. He is really an amazing dancer, and he flung me around like mad. People were staring and kept telling me how good we were, but the truth is it is all HIM, because I was just trying not to fall! I got close several times but he always caught me and put me back on my heels. Then, he decided we should try our feet at country dancing inside the Beaumont Club. Most people there couldn't dance anyway, so we gave it a try and danced around them. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing and just tried to keep up. It was a blast.


After more salsaing it was about 2:30 and I could barely stand up. He insisted we go home before I fall asleep on the dance floor. I'm never the one to have to call it a night when it comes to salsa, but this weekend I was exhausted! lol.


Another thing I found amusing was that everyone thought he was Hispanic b/c he danced so well. These guys came up to us and were so adamant and said, "donde estan? donde estan?" and O said, "Turkey." And the guy goes, "No, donde estan? Man, where are you from?" And he goes, "Turkey." The guy just has this completely puzzled look on his face like what they heck and O goes, "Turkey. It's a country near Europe." LOL. Just b/c you're not Latin doesn't mean you can't salsa with the best of them!


Sunday Monica came back to town and the three of us stayed up too late again. Around midnight I went to turn off the water b/c I was filling the pool, and behind me I hear, "Don't fall in!" lol. Yeah right. The next thing I know I'm flying through the air, fully clothed, into the pool. Monica was next, and then we managed to get Orkun in. I didn't really think he'd throw me in! So some of the pics are pre-water, water, and post-water. I can't think of the last time I went swimming so late, especially with jeans on. lol.


It was great seeing Orkun again, it seems I see him every two years or so. Monica and I will have to change that.


So after a wonderful weekend I started my new job. Weird not to be at YWC, but definitely more relaxing, and totally different.


Dad is safely in Afghanistan trying to adjust and actually went to Kabul today, why I'm not sure.
I need sleep. : )

3 comments:

Toni said...

Sprout,
Tell us what the new job is all about? All we know is that you have a new job.
Also, when do you audition for Dancing with the Stars?

Megan said...

Glad you had fun dancing :) And I'm with Toni, how is the new job and what exactly are you doing? Can't wait to see you!!!

Unknown said...

Sprout, Dad here. Looks like you girls are having fun. Send pics of the pool, it sure is dry here!
Love ya!!