Saturday, June 16, 2007

Success

Success may come in many shades, today it is a lovely and sparkling blue. That's right, I have beat the algae! (and Megan, yes, in my head mold and algae are the same as well). This morning I got up and the pool was looking MUCH better! (I also added a little extra chlorine last night.) Then I cleaned the pool, and this time it looked amazing. Just the right color. Ahhh. And it was a beautiful day for laying poolside. Brooks came over and actually put his kayak in the pool, and it was pretty amusing. And I think I'm working on the start of a great summer tan.

I can't wait to share the pool with lots of friends this summer, and hopefully next time they will bring food to grill!

Orkun is in town this weekend, sadly Monica is not, but we will most likely go dancing tonight, and dancing with Orkun is always a treat!

Did I mention I quit my job? I start a new one on Monday, working with kids for the summer. I'm quite looking forward to it. It really is a fabulous weekend.

Hope everyone is well, haven't heard from Dad since he left Istanbul, but I'm thinking in a few days I ought to hear something.

: )

2 comments:

Megan said...

Kate, excellent job with the algae...you are a hero.

L Boyd said...

kate sounds like you have everything under control although having your own pool boy did sound exciting. we want to come swimming soon maybe on sunday if you don't care but i will call you before then. remember to call if you need anything or if there are any satan sightings lol. talk to you soon.

lisa and dusty