Wednesday, June 20, 2007

My New "Job"

After three days of working my new job, I've realized I've never worked so little for so much money before. Wow. Today I actually brought in my yarn and crocheted the first 1.5 hours, then I read the rest of the day. I felt guilty about doing nothing, but there was nothing I could do. One of my boys called in sick, the one who requires constant watching, and the other really doesn't need a glorified babysitter. So I sat there. Weird. I felt like I should be doing ten billion things but I couldn't. Very unusual for me.

Tomorrow I change job sites b/c there was a problem at one in OP and they need a replacement immediately. So as of tomorrow I get to go work at a doggy day care and play with animals and wear comfy clothes. There's gotta be a catch, right? I mean, work can't be this cool!

I am still trying to work on my tan and getting nowhere. By the time I had finished cleaning the pool today it was getting late and the good sun was gone. Alas, I'll have to try harder!

In the book I was reading today, there was some good ideas about success. The author mentioned three things: passion, discipline and persistence. If you think about it, it really makes sense. Just food for thought.

: )

4 comments:

Unknown said...

See, I told you that a Master's degree would get you a job you liked! hehehehe

Toni said...

What a rough life you lead, Kate. Come on up and I'll put you to work. Tee hee.

L Boyd said...

Kate sorry I ruined some of your sun time but at least the pool looks great ;-)....

Lisa

Megan said...

Maybe I should move out and get a job like that too :)