Sunday, July 15, 2007

And the Algae Wins

I declare myself the loser in the battle of Kate vs. The Algae. I gave in today and took a sample fo pool water to Leslie's. The nice man there drew up a plan of action on how to get my pool back to the lovely and sparkling blue it should be. I just need to attend to it like crazy for the next few days, adding chemicals here, this there, etc. It is supposed to turn a milky white at some point in the process, and that will be a "good sign".

I keep reminding myself I really, really, REALLY need to start working on stuff for my thesis. In open acknowledgment of that fact, I ceremoniously got out some books I need to read for it and placed them on the table. Ahhhhhh. Maybe I'll actually open them later!

I met a guy from Kiel (not too far from Hamburg) last night. He's a friend of Nathan, and will be back in Germany this fall as well, and said we should hang out sometime in Hamburg. I'm already making friends and I've not left the country yet! This is great! Now if only I can find a place to live.....

Koto sent me an awesome package with lots of goodies from Germany and Japan. I love marzipan. I don't know if people here really eat it, but I love the stuff!

That's the update from here. : )

1 comment:

Megan said...

That is quite green kate. And maybe read more, dance less? :) What else did you get in the package, maybe you should take a picture of its contents and post it :)