Monday, July 02, 2007

Another Hole in the Head and Furry New Friends

Megan visited this weekend and with the exception of feeling the need to build an ark, it was fabulous. We were lazy bums, except for exercising, and Megan really did an 11-mile run yesterday, she is my exercise hero. We had a Sex and the City Marathon, ate junk food (ack! my inner health food nut about fell over from shock), and just had an overall great time. I love hanging with Megan.

Saturday we felt the need to venture out into the populated world and decided piercings would make for a nice adventure. We went down to Irezumi Body Art in Westport, which I would highly recommend, and she pierced her cartilege and I pierced my nose. The needles were a bit scary, but the guy was amazing and did the piercings very quickly and cleanly. Mine really only hurt when the needle first went through. Before I knew it he was done and I had a shiny pink booger on the outside of my nose. Very nice. I'm amazed it doesn't hurt. I usually don't have such pleasant reactions to piercings. I also think that I would never want to be pierced with a gun again because the needle is so the way to go. Fun stuff.

Sadly Megan had to leave today. We should have planned it better so that she could have stayed through the Fourth! But it was a wonderful visit and weekend, and I can't wait to see her again.

This morning Megan and I found mouse droppings. So we went to the hardware store and got scary traps to catch and kill them, and sound wave thingies that will supposedly keep them away so that I won't have to use the scary traps. We will see. Either way I'm not so excited. I feel dirty somehow. Like I got mice because I don't clean my kitchen enough. Which, if you know me, is absolutely not the case!! I'm hoping our furry friends will take up residence elsewhere as soon as possible. Ahh, the fun of homeownership (or temporary homeownership) never stops!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Stay strong with the mice kate!