Saturday, July 07, 2007

Susie Homemaker

That's me! I've spent the last few days up in the spare room (the one that faces east) and I've been moving, cleaning, sanding, taping, priming and painting. I had some help for a few hours yesterday by one of my dear friend Chris's friends, a guy I'd actually not met yet, but was enthusiastic to come help anyhow. Silly me, I thought it was due to the kindness of his heart, which he is quite kind. However, I soon came to realize he had absolutely NO IDEA what he was doing, and had come as a learning experience! OMG. Really? Are you serious? LOL. He started pouring the primer and I looked at him and said, "um, are you going to stir that?" Blank look. Then, as he started priming I looked at him and said, "um, are you going to put down a drop cloth?" lol. Fun stuff.


Actually, he ended up helping me a lot. Still, I worked on the room til 10, when Monica and I decided to hit Jerry's Bait Shop here in Lenexa since Dan had a gig. Uncle Dave and Aunt Janet showed up, which was great.

Then Dad woke me at 9:39 this morning, as he has a habit of doing on the weekends now. I find it odd that it's such a specific time each time.

Today is Monica's dad's wedding, so I will have to take a break from the room. Thank goodness. lol. The only thing is I think I'm making the already bad carpet worse, despite my careful drop-cloth-ing.

Oh, and this morning I got a bit too careless with the nose blowing and just about ripped my nose ring out. I looked at it and it was mostly out of my nose and I thought, oh dear, what to do now? Take it out completely or shove it back in? I hesitated, realized how badly I had wanted the darn thing, took a deep breath and shoved it back in. Wow. So much fun. : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, looks great! Keep up the good work and I'll let you paint my bedroom too!!

Megan said...

good thing you shoved it back in, I would have had to talk to you if you had just given up and taken it out :)