Saturday, July 21, 2007

Incubus and the Demo Derby






Last night Cambria and I went to the Buzz Under the Stars Incubus concert. Very cool! A little short, not even two hours, but still cool. I heard all the songs I wanted to hear except for Pardon Me. It was a fun time and it had been awhile since I'd been to a concert.
Thursday night Nathan and I went to a demolition derby up in Platte City. Oh, if only I had thought to bring a cowboy hat with me! It was a lot of fun, watching cars destroy each other. It was also a fair, so that was nice. Reminded me of the German Volksfeste. My dad said, "I always knew the hick in you would come out!" lol. : ) Auntie, remember those summers in O'Neil? Ahhh, fond memories!
The pool is still algae-infested. They are trying to figure out what to do, they being the experts. I got the Harry Potter book but am trying to hold off on starting it. I have to do responsible adult things first, then I can read! : )
I am thinking of getting Lasik. In two weeks. Hmmm. Can you say nervous?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't believe I said "hick", darling daughter! But we'll let that pass. lol.

Sounds like you had fun, and try not to be so nervous about the lasik. Just don't do like I did, and get you're lasik during the "blue-light special" at Kmart!

Toni said...

Ya know Kate, we can always go back to O'Neill for a visit. The place doesn't change much. We might even find a farmer willing to drive you though the irrigation in the back of his pick up.
Do the lasik!

Megan said...

I'm a little jealous of the demolition derby, good pictures though :) Good luck with the lasik!

Anonymous said...

hey kate! loving the derby work! reminds me of my bogan background (bogan is maybe aussie for hick?) things in japan are crrrrrazy! but loads of fun too ;)

XO kate