Friday, August 31, 2007

Kabul

Dad said that a suicide bomber attacked their base today, attempting to blow up the airport, but luckily didn't make it. Some German tanks were there, and NATO suffered only injuries, although some Afghanis died. I almost wrote, "but none of our people died". How narrow-minded. It's a tragedy when anyone dies, no matter "whose side" they are on (unless of course, they are Taliban, I do make exceptions there).

I'm glad Dad is safe. That is some scary stuff. Very sobering.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, Daughter, I thought I had already commented on this blog, but it isn't there. SO, I'll try again. Yes, sobering, sorta scary, but heck, I seem to have slept through the whole thing. hehe

Megan said...

It is sobering, I appreciate your perspective though and am very glad your dad is okay.