Sunday, August 05, 2007

Wine Party and Some Time Off

Friday was my last day at the Doggy Day Care and we had a luau celebration. Quite nice. I am really going to miss that place, especially the dogs!! Now I have two weeks "off" until I start a real job again. Plenty of time to work on my thesis. Oh boy.


Last night Monica and I attended Nathan's wine party. Great fun! Everyone brought food and drinks and it was all delicious. Nathan's family is delightful, although I have to admit I was not ready for the third degree his mother gave me. I would repeat the questions here, but I wouldn't want to offend any polite company. Needless to say, I was shocked. It's kind of funny in retrospect, but I guess I'm just not used to "meeting the parents". lol. However, I still think Dad takes the cake for threatening a young man with his shot gun upon first meeting several years ago. I might have been asked inappropriate and embarrassing questions, but no one threatened my life. That's a plus, right?

After the party we checked out Caliente, a new Mexican restaurant at the Legends. Very cool. The decor was awesome, and the music was good until they switched over to only Regaeton and hip hop. However, there were some crazy older couples who obviously don't latin dance much, and during a Bachata (a slow dance) we got hit a few times. Nothing like bumper dancing to a slow dance! : )

Monica and I also hung by the pool yesterday and we sort of resemble lobsters. Hello Aloe Vera!

Tonight is ballroom dance, and then my lazier week begins. And Lasik on Friday. Oh boy. (deep breath)

1 comment:

Megan said...

I'm glad the wine party was fun, enjoy your time off and good luck on Friday!