Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The West Bottoms

Update: I'm working in the West Bottoms (I think that sounds so cool!) And actually, the neighborhood has some beautiful architecture. It needs to be kept-up a bit, but I like it. It's a good deal Hispanic, so I see a lot of Spanish signs, etc. I really need to learn that language already!

Monica and I have started car-pooling when possible, which is lots of fun. Yesterday we stopped at Fritz's, a local burger joint from Monica's days of gymnastic competitions. Good greasy food and a cool train that carries your food to you! I thought it was going to fall on my head, but I was wrong. And you call in the order from your seat. Craziness. ; )

The job is going well. Nice people, gorgeous building, and I have Tuesday afternoons to tutor. Good stuff.

I'm reading Monica's book, Mountains Beyond Mountains, about a man named Paul Farmer. If you are into inspirational books, I would highly recommend this one. The author writes about Dr. Farmer and his amazing life and outlook, and describes him as "an extreme definition of a term like 'doing one's best'." It will make you think.

My eyes are getting better slowly, but the right one is still like looking through a contact with the wrong prescription. However, I still find it absolutely amazing how well I can see compared to where I could see. I keep thinking, are these really MY eyes? hee hee! Thanks, Dad!

Hope everyone is well!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are most welcome! You know my motto "I can never say no". Especially to you, Sprout. I hope to get the blankets into the mail soon. I wrote you an email to explain why I haven't sent them yet.
Love ya,
Dad

Megan said...

Glad to hear things are going well, the restaurant sounds quite fun :)