Thursday, September 06, 2007

Because one eye surgery just isn't fun enough...

Well there fellow readers. I went to the eye doctor today and he had not so happy news. It appears that I got to be in the lucky 5% of patients that when the flap closes, some cells get in and start to build a layer on the eye. Now usually, they do this on the edge and it's not such a big deal. Mine, however, darn over-achieving cells that they are, have grown right in the center of my eye. Hence the problems reading, seeing, etc.

So I asked the good doctor, how does one fix this? Does it require surgery? To which he replied, "No. Yes. " Um, ok. Turns out the correct answer is Yes. Because trust me, just one time of having your eyes opened up while you are conscious is simply not fun enough! This time though, he will open the flap, clean off/out the eye, and then reseal, placing a contact over it. And the super fun bonus part? This procedure is painful! Boy howdy. I can hardly wait. I'm scheduled for next Friday.

Ok, enough sarcasm. He also said that once this has happened, I have a higher chance for it to happen again. So please keep me in your prayers that this takes care of it and I don't need to go back again. It's a little unsettling.

As far as Germany goes, still no housing.

But things are good other than that! I hope everyone is doing well.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

My dearest Sprout, you know my prayers, as well as everyone's who knows you, are always with you!
Now, go forth and get a place to live in Hamburg, so I can come visit you! Of course, I intend on staying in a hotel. You know, the kind of place with running water, toilets (with water), not smelly, not dusty, (how long can I keep this up? lol) not made of plywood, bigger than 8ft by 7 ft, not 50 feet from the ass-end of a Boeing 737 who starts his engines at five every morning, blah, blah, blah.
Hey, a guy has to use any forum he can to complain.hehe
Love you
Alfalfa, father of Sprout

Anonymous said...

hurro!! do you cause all these events to happen just so you have something to write on your blog? sorry i've been quiet lately, but there's only so many times i can write "i'm working" and "i went out drinking and dancing this weekend". i'll be going to vietnam from next weekend so stay tuned for that blog entry! take care of yourself my blind melon! xo Kate

Tyler said...

Hey Sprout, hope your eyes get better soon.. Im the goofey guy that was at your dads pool party.. Umm let me rephrase that.. Im not the BIG goofey guy with red hair.. Thats Bob. lol.

godspeed

Tyler

Megan said...

Kate, I'm so sorry about your eyes. I know my mom and dad have been thinking about you and I read your email while I was in Thailand so Travis and I have also been thinking of you. I hope one extra surgery clears it all up so you don't need to go in for even more. Let me know if you need anything.

Mathias said...

Hi Kate!

I'm with you! Gibt es schon etwas neues aus Hamburg?

lg
Mathias