Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Crazy Fun Friends



So out of the blue I get this call from Nathan (Tuebingen) this morning, saying he's back in the country, in KC, and wants to meet up. The last time I spoke with Nathan was just over seven months ago, when I rang him up randomly and he was packing to leave for New Zealand the next morning. He said, "you want to come along? You can still catch a flight." I politely declined. He said he was going to travel the world for the next seven months and would end it in Germany.
Sure enough, after New Zealand, Australia, Southeast Asia, etc. he settled back in Tuebingen, got accepted in the MBA program in Reutlingen, and just got an apartment there and is leaving to head back on Saturday. And I think I live a crazy and exciting life at times, but life is never boring when Nathan's around.
The first pic is of Nathan and I (sorry Nathan, you're much better looking in person, that pic just doesn't do you justice!) and the next one is of my new room, but at night so it's less enticing.
Meegan, I will blog more, sorry, my life hasn't been that crazy lately. Ok, wait, that's a lie. Mom was in the hospital twice, my eye is blurry and I'm moving to Germany. So my life is pretty far from boring. Maybe I need a little less excitement?
Monica and I are learning some boy moves for salsa and that is cool. You may ask, but Kate, aren't you a girl? Why would you learn the boy parts? Because when you can dance and you dance with males who need a bit of help, they often ask you for moves. After which you look at them like they are crazy b/c, hello, you are the girl!!! But nevertheless, we are learning. A friend of ours is a really good dancer and makes learning it easy. Hopefully he will teach us more.
Work is good. I like my job. Except when I can't see. lol.
I like Dad's blog recently. The new posts about A-stan are highly interesting. I definitely want to read The Kite Runner.
Hope you all are well. : )

2 comments:

Megan said...

Glad to know Nathan is well :) I was just teasing about blogging more, I mean I don't even have one :) Keep that eye healing and take good care of your mom!

jenniebui said...

kate, sounds like you are doing well and as usual are as busy as a bee. i want to see you before you leave for germany. if you have time, call me and let me know when you are free. we could have lunch or something ok? miss you.