Friday, February 08, 2008

If all days were like this...






Today was so beautiful! It got up to 50 F and there was real sun! I met Paul to get some help on my thesis, then we tried a nice Pakistani restaurant. It is great because most restaurants here have lunch specials, so you get a nice meal for a much reduced and affordable price.




I also went for a walk to enjoy some of the weather, which a lot of people in town also seemed to be doing! We had a sunset that reminded me of home, with the sky turning pink and orange, something that almost never happens in this gray world. So I took a tea and sat outside and watched the sun go down. The days are definitely getting longer! Just before 8 am it is getting light, and just before 6 getting dark. When there's light, that is. But it felt like spring today, I didn't even wear a hat! I just listened to the birds singing and children playing. Oh how I love warm weather!




Here are some pics from my walk and the Afghani restaurant that I didn't post earlier.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I didn't know that Blogger allowed 'anonymous' comments? What a moron! This is the whole reason you write "personal" blogs, to be pointless. And, if the moron who left that message doesn't want to read your blog,,,,then don't!

And I thought I had already met all the idiots in the world!

By the by, that doesn't look like any Afghani restaurant I've ever seen!

Megan said...

I'm glad you had some good weather, you deserve it after all of your rain!