Saturday, February 23, 2008

Salsa, how I've missed you!







Last night Monica and I headed up north to Lucia's in Liberty to dance the night away with my favorite salsa dancers in the KC area. Mario dj-ed, Nathan organized, and lots of people showed up. Mom even came out for the first time ever to join me salsa-ing! It was so great to see everyone again and get in some dancing. I have to admit, I was really rusty! I think I need more practice.
Then Monica and I raced over to Zona Rosa to hear Dan play. O'Dowd's was rocking out to the band's awesome sound and we got in some more dancing. I also got the worst pick up line I've ever heard. If a guy ever comes up to you and says, "you're cute as shit" and thinks that will make you drool over him, well, either he's had too much to drink or he's really that stupid. I wasn't sure which one this young man was, but I quickly informed him my father was in the band and if he got any closer he might not make it home in one piece. Then I pointed at Dad, smiled, and waved. The boy ran away immediately. Ah, to be with the band!
Today Monica and I got up early and then woke Mario up, dragged him to the City Market with us, and got lots of yummy vegies and fruits. Mmmm! It was a blast. Then Mario showed us the "car" he had at the moment and let me drive. Picture is above. He bribed us with lunch (who can resist Mario's cooking?) but finally I had to leave to head to my German family's.
Now it is snowy and Monica and I have a fire going. It's been a great weekend. However, I am definitely looking forward to Jamaica - I got a really cute new swimsuit today to wear!
(pics above: Salsa boys, Dan, market fun, and me driving. Good stuff.)

2 comments:

Megan said...

Glad you had a good night out dancing...enjoy the weather for all of us down in Jamaica!

liveandcreate said...

You guys are sooo much fun!
THanks for the dance. You dance well as usual. In my opinion, you weren't rusty a bit. Probably because I was having way too much fun to notice.

Hope to see you again soon.