Thursday, February 21, 2008

Procrastination

I think I am doing everything I can to avoid thesis work. So far today I have done laundry, trash, dishes, vacuuming, shoveled the driveway, worked out, did Monica's laundry, etc. Maybe I should just get back to reading articles for my thesis?

We got another wintry mix last night and today, so I listened to the ice pelting the windows. An unusual sound, but fun. I've never been so enthusiastic about shoveling the driveway!

Sadly all of my plans tonight had to be cancelled, so I will wait to see my German girls and my MISO folks.

Tomorrow Monica and I are heading up to Liberty to dance the night away at Lucia's. Nathan puts it together and Mario djs and it's a blast. Last night Mario and the gang came over and he cooked (can that boy cook or what!) and we watched a Latin competition of professional ballroom dancers. Then Mario pulled out the Bingo. Yes, I said Bingo. I jumped right over to play, and Monica raised her eyes from my Skinny Bitch book, gave him an "I don't think so" look, and went back to reading. After several minutes of begging we all grabbed two Bingo cards and chips and waited for Mario to call out the numbers. Monica then informed us, "my grandma is also playing Bingo tonight, on vacation in Florida". I laughed. But Monica's grandmother is pretty stinking cool. Yes, we really enjoyed a night of PBS televised ballroom dancing and Bingo, but there were good friends, good food, and maybe some wine involved....

2 comments:

Megan said...

Glad you had a good night with fun and friends :)

Unknown said...

I personally would have been disappointed if there HADn't of been any wine involved...