Friday, December 07, 2007

Float On

While also the title of a great Modest Mouse song, it is my current thought about Hamburg. I am wondering, people always talk about Venice sinking, but have they ever thought Hamburg might? We've had a bunch of rain lately, and today is no exception. And the forecast for the entire next week? You guessed it! Rain!!!

I know it's terrible, but I'm hoping the Fish Market floods again because I missed it a few weeks ago. I can't imagine the area being underwater, but it sounds exciting. The park around the Alster has had massive puddles for weeks, and with all the rain recently and what's expected, I wonder how much the city will flood. All of the canals are quite low, so that isn't a concern, but it could be fun to see them rise a bit!

I'd best go back to working on my presentation, tomorrow will be here before I know it!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Is that much rain normal for Hamburg or are you there in an exceptional year? Good luck on the presentation!

Unknown said...

Don't fish like water?