Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Sky is Falling


(picture taken from my window this morning)


Well, the sky wasn't really falling, but furniture did fall from the sky. I was pretty amazed.

I was sleeping in Wednesday because I had been pretty darn sick, so I woke up to some machine-y sounds outside my window. I opened my eyes and peered through my semi see-through curtains and saw men, a truck, a moving ladder and furniture. I was puzzled. Moving truck, electric ladder.....then a platform came down the ladder with more furniture on it. People a few floors up are moving and I guess it is normal to move things out your window onto a platform on a ladder. Interesting. It was even more interesting when I heard a loud crash from outside my window and saw that they had dropped a load. Oops. Maybe the platform needs a seatbelt?

On a more serious note, if you are missing Dad's blog, he is at home at the moment taking care of things and I am sorry I can't be there with him. I love you Dad! Miss you! But I know other family and friends are taking care of you and that helps.

Monica gets here in six days and I must admit, I had written the wrong day down in my calendar! Oh dear. I thought it was the 22nd and not the 20th, so I will have to miss a seminar. I'm not really heart-broken. ; ) That means two extra days with Mon! Yay!

That's about it, just working on lots of things for school.

Hope you all are well and are getting ready for the holidays!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I'm hope nobody was standing under the seatbeltless platform when it threw off its cargo? :)

Unknown said...

Hey, Kiddo, really do miss you. While I wish you were here, I feel your support in your words. I love you, too. I blogged. I had to say some things about Butch, couldn't keep them in. Hopefully, the girls will leave some stories too.

Your uncle passed early Wednesday morning. The viewing is Friday evening and the funeral on Saturday.

By the by, Kort says they are definitely trying to fire me. Doesn't make sense to me. Oh well, this too shall pass.

Tipping a beer to Butch over here Boss.