Friday, December 21, 2007

Monica's Here!

Monica arrived yesterday. Her flight was 1.5 hours late. So I read a good book, ate a sandwich and enjoyed a cappuccino. We did some grocery shopping, visited the overly packed Christmas markets (or just some of) and headed back for a delicious Indian dinner.

Today I'm hoping to show Mon some more of Hamburg, and we will decide on our plans for the rest of her time here. She would like to see Berlin, which is an awesome city, so we will see if we can't manage that!

We don't have a Christmas tree or any real decorations, and though I love them and the Christmas spirit they bring, it might just be a minimalist holiday this year. But with Monica here that makes it all just fine.

It has rained in three days so I'm a bit shocked, but it is cold and gray, so at least it's not breaking out with any merry sunshine or anything crazy like that!

I'm glad Dad made it back safely to Kabul.

I hope everyone's holidays are wonderful!

: )

2 comments:

Megan said...

A capuccino, are you drinking real coffee now? Hi to Monica from me and I hope the two of you have tons of fun!

Unknown said...

It's good to hear my two daughters are together again! Enjoy!