Thursday, December 06, 2007

Glasses

I went back to the clinic today and was there for another 2.5 hours, oh my dear goodness. Why can't it just be simple? They kept discussing and wanted to give me a prescription for the left eye as well and I said no. And then they made me wear these horribly ridiculous and heavy and uncomfortable "trial glasses" for 30 whole minutes. I just had to sit there in the waiting room and look around. And people stared. And made comments. I took them off once and the doc walked by and yelled at me in front of all the other patients so I put them back on. Grrrr.

When all was said and done she wrote me the prescription and I raced home to make it to a nearby Optiker in time to order my lens. Just 17 Euro for the lens! Boy howdy that is nice. And he should have it by early next week. That is fabulous. Of course, it would be even better if I had it before my first big presentation on Saturday, but I'm really in no place to complain. So while I am a bit heart-broken (and obviously over-dramatic) about having glasses again, it was so amazing to be able to see perfectly for 30 minutes. I am looking forward to good vision again after four months of blurriness.

On a more sobering note. Dad is headed back home for two weeks since Uncle Butch is not doing well. It has been decided by the Powers That Be (i.e. older adults), that I will stay here and not venture home to be Dad's support. While I feel bad that I can't be there for him, I understand the wanting me to stay. I have a big presentation on Saturday, and another a week from Monday. Or is it two weeks? Not sure, but I have lots of work to do.

And I now have three Spanish tandem partners. I had better learn some Spanish, darn it! lol.

Oh, it has been a heat wave here the last two days. It has been 50 F! Of course, rainy and windy, but that is egal. I'm hoping the *nice* weather holds!

Did I mention I found about 3 more Christmas markets that I hadn't seen before? They are all over Hamburg! I can't wait to see them!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Kate, I am sorry about my uncle, please tell me or my mom if there is anything we can do for either you, your dad or your family.

On a much happier note I am very glad you will be able to see again!