Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Medieval Outing




On Sunday, Chris, Emma and I biked out to the countryside to Volksdorf, where they have a small medieval Christmas Market. (sadly, the ginger pigs were no longer there! Emma was quiet sad.)

The pics are of one of the thatched houses, then the ladies cooking, and a jester with wicked shoes.

We weren't there long b/c it started to pour. Surprise, surprise! So we went to the Wiener Cafe and had some coffee and cake. Chris thought he wanted to bike home the 40 minutes in the rain and cold and dark, but Emma and I hauled our bikes to the nearest train station. Just the ride from the station to her house (about 5 minutes) got us completely soaked. Chris came in shortly after us and said after two stations he hopped the train as well. It was just too cold and wet.

As my clothes dried on their heaters, we ate some delicious leftover Turkey Day food, then picked at the ginger bread house. (Megan, the top one in the last blog was the one I bought.)

A little while later my stomach started making funny noises and it hurt like mad, so I grabbed my clothes and raced home. I didn't think I was going to make it! I was biking like mad, caught the next train, had to switch trains (and let me tell you, when your stomach is dying, carrying a bike up and down flights of stairs is not easy!), and finally made it home. I wasn't sure if I would have to opt for a bush or not! I kind of thought of trying to stop somewhere, but it was Sunday night and I couldn't think of what would be open with a public bathroom! (of course, earlier that day Emma and I saw a boy peeing right off the platform in the middle of people!)

I texted Emma when I got home, and she said Chris had suddenly gotten a bit of a stomach thing too. Must have been something we ate. Yesterday I was still a bit off, but I made it to class and home again. Feel fine today.

Other than that I'm just preparing presentations and assignments.

: )

2 comments:

Megan said...

That little village looked very cool, I'm glad you took pictures for us :) I can imagine carrying the bicycle was quite stressful with stomach problems...good job being strong!

Tyler said...

Sprout,

I really enjoy the pictures that you are posting. Great stuff.

Tyler