Monday, December 17, 2007

Ich hab's geschafft!

Today I had my Referat on the economic benefits of immigration in the U.S. and it went GREAT!!!!!! I'm so happy! I was afraid I would get nervous and forget the big, fancy German words, but I didn't have to read off my paper or anything. And the words came out right, all except for one. I even sounded less nervous than one of my group members (though his information was quite good!), maybe because I didn't hold the paper so there were no shaking hands on my side!

I decided to celebrate with champagne and pizza. Classy, no? And then I will start preparing for the next one! Ha! Oh the exciting life I lead! Actually, I'm pretty content.

Did anyone see my pics of the Christmas market? No one commented, but I'm hoping people enjoyed them anyhow.

Hope you are all doing wonderfully, and I myself and very much looking forward to Thursday when MONICA ARRIVES!!!!!!! Yippee!!! : )

3 comments:

Megan said...

GOOD JOB ON YOUR PRESENTATION!!! I'm glad it went so well for you, and I bet it went well becuase you're getting fluent! That is definitely something to be proud of...good job Kate!

Mary said...

Hi Kate, Glenn and I were in Omaha last week. The walks were ice covered, it snowed 5 inches the last night we were there, and it was amazingly cold. The visiting was good, Henry appreciates your Christmas card, and we are glad to be home.

Unknown said...

I apologize for not commenting, Sprout. I have been lax due to the circumstances of the last few weeks. However, I pledge to comment as often as possible, and read your blog every day!

Love you!

Afghani Danny