Monday, January 11, 2010

Back in Seville!

I made it back to Spain Saturday after a long day of traveling! My first flight was delayed due to snow, and my second flight was boarding at another terminal as my first landed. I had to take two busses but still made my connection in New Jersey! On top of that, I approach the end of the line and Meghan is there! She's not only on my flight, but actually in the seat next to me! How is that for fabulous coincidences? We had awesome seats and it was a nice flight. Then we switched planes in Barcelona and met two more Americans, one who had actually been on all three of my flights, is from KC, and is currently teaching English in Jerez! That was pretty awesome.

I am sleeping at the girls' flat at the moment. It's much quieter. Still freezing here, I heard there was actual snow around Seville and in parts of it yesterday. I don't think it's snowed here in about 60 years. I wish it would warm up! We just sit around our space heaters with blankets. lol. At least I'm not buried in snow like at home!

As Meghan and I went to catch a taxi from the airport to our places, the Spanish drivers went into a frenzy about who would take us. Our new friend Nate was not allowed to come with us because they insisted there wasn't room. Our driver also insisted two stops was no problem. However, once we were in the cab, he said it was simply too complicated to drive from my flat to Meghan's. Um, it would take less then five minutes. I can walk to her place in ten. But he simple refused. We just looked at him dumbfounded, and Meghan goes, you mean, you're really just not going to take me? Soooooooo very Spanish. He just refused to do his job. Welcome back to Spain.

She had two large suitcases and I had one, so we lugged mine up to my apartment then we each took one of her bags and walked it home, like tourists. It was a bit frustrating after traveling that long and just wanting to relax and eat, but we enjoyed the fresh, brisk air and sunshine.

I'm hoping to find a new place to live in the next few weeks. Living above a bar is just too crazy for me!

Hope you all are well!
:)

No comments: