Wednesday, January 06, 2010

A Snowy Vacation in Good Old Kansas





Hannah and Brian at old folks' dance.






Hannah and I!





The "youngsters" rocking it with our new older friends. Lol!






That's our pool. Covered in snow.





I know I look ridiculous, but it was really cold! Please notice I'm shoveling snow up to my knees.




I love that Dad is wearing goggles. Go Dad!



The trip home has been wonderful, depite ungodly temps and it barely going above freezing in three whole weeks! Yikes. I hear I've missed an earthquake and flooding in Seville, but I've shoveled so many days here, I think I could handle those little inconveniences! It is nice, however, to have heat and a lovely, warm and crackling fire!

It just keeps snowing and snowing, and I'm putting some pics up of the early days of the snow. That means that when you look at these pics, there have been several inches since then. I shoveled tonight (Dad is in Boston), and the driveway is already deeper then when I shoveled a few hours ago. I debated on whether or not to go out again in the dark or wait til tomorrow morning and just shovel a ton. Auntie said to wait. I'm ok with that.

Needless to say, the awesome snow has canceled many a fun plan I've had this break, so tonight instead of seeing friends I'm doing a first run at packing and cleaning the house, as well as taking down Christmas decorations. Please, don't get jealous, it's beyond exciting, I know!

This break I also made a fun trip up north to Des Moines, and one out to Lincoln, NE. Dad and I have redone two rooms in the house (with the wallpaper from hell!), and some friends and I rocked out at an old folk's single dance! (I was tricked into going, told it was a "ballroom event"! Lol. We had a blast and they asked us to come back, saying it was great to see young folks that enjoyed dance so much. I suppose we couldn't help it, being ballroom dancers and all!).

On Friday I head back to Seville. Am still trying to sort out new housing, getting new clients, and praying it will warm up soon!

I heard on the news it was colder in KS lately than in Alaska. That's just wrong. Seville, here I come!

No comments: