Friday, January 22, 2010

Mi Piso Nuevo






I just christened my kitchen with the first meal I've cooked at my new place! It's on Divina Enferema, "divine/holy nurse" and next to an old church. Lovely! It's all to myself and I have shared access to a terrace.
Yesterday my friends helped me carry all my stuff from one place to the next. We literally carried furniture and smaller items in IKEA bags across the Alameda and to my new place. My neighbors are quite nice and multi-cultural. A very friendly couple from France and Italy have already invited me over for tea! The Frenchman is a flamenco guitarist. And the guy opposite my flat is a Japanese flamenco guitarist. We also have a British couple upstairs that teach English as well, and Dutch couple. Quite interesting! And Clem is my neighbor (building next door)!
I got things put away today and cleaned up a bit so that if anyone wants to come over they won't have to trip over piles of miscellaneous crap.
I even have luxuries like a microwave! No oven, sadly, but that's normal. Ah how I miss baking!
I'm still close to my work and near the Alameda, which is perfect.
I'll try to get some pics from my terrace up soon. Right now my laundry is up there drying. Lol.

No comments: