Monday, June 05, 2006

Back to Tueb

This weekend was great! Friday night Rita, E and I had a goodbye dinner, since E and Rita won't see each other again before they left. It was a bit sad, but still really good. : D

Saturday Mark and I drove to Tuebingen. It was still cold, yes, I was wearing my winter coat in June in the cold and rain, but it was great. I love that city. It has changed a bit, but is still as gorgeous as ever. There is an H&M and a Lush now, improvements! The Doener and Eis there really are better than in K-Town. The Altstadt is magical. We spent the two days just walking around. We walked by my old neighborhood which has changed with lots of new buildings. We walked up the hill past the goats (which have babies!) and up to the Bergfriedhof where you have a lovely view of the city and it is so incredibly peaceful. It was definitely the most beautiful place I have ever lived.

I also ran into Cristina from Spain and Daniel and Isabel (Daniel and I used to be roomies). Very cool. A lot of the people I studied abroad with are back in Germany. I think it really had an impact on so many of our lives.

We also rented a boat and the current was so strong we couldn't make it around the island! That's never happened before! All in all (as my students are so fond of in essays!) it was a great, wonderful, happy weekend. Mark is a good travel companion. Just let me lead him around a beautiful city.

On the way home we were flying on the Autobahn, doing 125 mph. Scares me to death! Ahhhhh! It is waaaaay fast. I think he would have gone faster if I weren't a scaredy cat. lol.

Today is another holiday (these Germans! do they ever work? lol) so I slept in and am hand-washing clothes. Ahhhh. Have some lessons to plan. It is less than a month left, and I suddenly feel like this month is going to rush by and I will be home before I know it. Sadness and happiness. What fun!

: )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»