Thursday, June 29, 2006

Mold 1 : Kate 0

Why is it always mold here? Why oh why? Mold and dust. You can never keep things clean, go barefoot, lay on your floor, or breathe mold-free air. It just sneaks up when you aren't looking and then bam! Mold!

As I was cleaning things out yesterday I spotted a rather large area of mold. Now, it doesn't even begin to compare to the attack of the mold situation that Megan and I braved, but mind you, it was substantial. What did I do? I decided to be a good resident and clean it up. Don't want to leave a bunch of mold for the next person living here. So I grabbed my handy dandy American cleaning supplies and went for it. And then the paint started coming off. Hm. Bad idea. Now, I couldn't just leave it like that, so I thought how could I fix this? Hmmm, maybe I could use my paint that I use for art. That might work, right? So I dabbed some on a paper towel and dabbed at the wall and oops. More paint came off. Not only that, but then I smeared it on the floorboard and couldn't get it off too well. Double oops. Damn mold.

Today I said goodbye officially at school. Set out the hordes of cookies that took me three hours to bake yesterday. Nice Thomas lent me his kitchen. They gave me a Sickingen Gymnasium sweatshirt, very cool, and a yearbook sort of thing. Also, the English faculty gave me a cd with the soccer songs on it. Cool. : D Very nice.

Tomorrow I am going to school to say bye to one last class, give back my keys, and then at 4 we are BBQing with my 6th graders and watching the Germany vs. Argentina game at school as well.

Tonight I hope to pack some. Axel is bringing over some boxes and I'd like to pack and get them sent out Saturday morning. And E is cooking dinner tonight, too. Such a good boyfriend. :)

Can't wait to see everyone!

Oh, and something in my room reeks and I can't figure out what it is. Man!

1 comment:

Megan said...

you might want to check you windowsill, it might have some dirty dishes on it, or perhaps under your bed :)