Tuesday, June 27, 2006

One Week and Counting

I said goodbye to one of my ninth grades and my 12 LK today. The ninth graders made more cakes, meaning I've eaten way too much cake recently! lol. And saying goodbye to my 12ers was hard. I admit, I did cry just a little. Dang it. hee hee. They gave me a goodbye card with their pics on it, a small German dictionary, and Bridget Jones' Diary (book) in German. That is one of my favs, and I've never read it, so it couldn't be more perfect!!! I am going to miss them. They didn't all hand in their essays so I demanded they do it by Thursday so I can return them by Friday, my last day of work.

I also gave the bike back today which was great fun. I had to haul it up and down lots of stairs. lol. The little girl carrying the big bike. So I was all gross and sweaty by the time I reached the school. However, there was this very nice man who offered to drive the bike to the woman's house that I borrowed it from, which was a huge relief, b/c it meant I didn't have to deal with more trains and stairs. Whew! He deserves a gold star for the day.

I'm starting to get a bit more sad about leaving. It's always hard saying bye to people. And I'm trying to get lots down before I head out.

Ok, must run to Stammtisch or I'll be late. I will add some more pics when I get some time.

Bye : )

No comments: