Monday, April 14, 2008

Moved!



102 steps. Oh yeah.



To our kitchen. And the skylight above!



My room in a choatic and messy state. It looks better now and will only improve!



Our bathroom.



Our toilet.




Our hallway. Our floors are REALLY squeaky. Amazingly so.






Outside of my building.


Entrance to my apartment building.



Chuck dancing and stirring with love as we made brownies.

Sailboats on the Alster!

View of the inner Alster from the Michel.

Me on top of the Michel.


Low tide.



Chuck, Chris and Eric at Salsalitos.

Nayeon, Hayeon, and I at Salsalitos!
Chuck and I Top Gunning it near the Alster.
Hear no evil....




I am all moved in, yet not entirely unpacked. The move was quick and I had net at first and then not the rest of the weekend, so that's why no postings. Plus, Chuck got here Saturday at noon, so I got up early and bought plastic tubs for my clothes, a trash can, and other small necessities. I still have no table, and I've been to several stores. Hmmm. It's on my list.



My roommates are great! They are really nice, and Kati offered to take me to airport to get Chuck and then the next day Jens took Chuck and I around town to sight see. I even saw stuff I hadn't seen before, like walking all the way up the Michel (church) and getting a great view from there, going down underneath the river in the Elbe Tunnel, and drinking (excuse the language) "catshit coffee" from an amazing coffee shop. All sorts of fun and learning!



Chuck took off this morning, to Magdeburg, then Venice, and then back to the north of France. Sounds like fun!


School is getting really busy and I have 6 classes and need to drop 2. I also volunteered for a presentation this week and I'm still working on the readings! Ahhhh.


I need sleep since we were up late this weekend. We met some friends and went out to some bars and showed Chuck the Reeperbahn, and ended up back home after 3 a.m., which for me is really late!

That is my update. I'm happy in my new place, had an awesome and hilarious weekend with Chuck, and am diving right back into Uni work. Whew.

Oh! I almost forgot the adventure of yesterday! Chuck and I got off the bus, then I realized I had left my purse on the seat! I never do things like that. We chased after the bus but couldn't catch it, so we stopped an elderly couple and in crap and scared German I asked to borrow their cell for a taxi and explained. They called a cab, and Chuck and I followed the bus, but it had already passed the end station. I went to where they started the line again, and I had such luck because the same bus was there and he had my purse! It was really scary and then really good to see my purse with my money, cards, phone, glasses and life in it. At least Chuck had his man bag. : )


2 comments:

Lorna said...

Kate

Love the new place.

Unknown said...

Awesome pictures, but remind me not come visit you there...I'm too old for all those steps!