Friday, September 02, 2005

Day Two

I'm here. And doing well. Very tired, jet-lagged and the such, but good. Sam, you're correct, I did end up sitting by a stunningly attractive German boy on the way over, sadly we didn't talk til the end, but he did indeed help me through the airport. It was quite enjoyable. : D

My room is good. Small, three huge windows, a bathroom all to myself (I'm pretending that the mold I've found does not exist until I have the means and energy to tackle it-Megan, thought you'd appreciate that!), the "kitchen" is half a sink, half a fridge, and two burners. No oven. And it's as you walk in, so I stand in front of the door to cook. But I love it all.

Herr Neukirch, a teacher I'll be working with, has been amazing. He's been helping me with everything, especially sticky German bureaucracy.

My room is in a large private student housing complex, with tons of foreigners though I've not met many people yet, just a nice Chinese boy that I can't pronounce the name of.

I do have net, got it today, highly unexpectedly and welcomed with open arms and a blessing on the guy who set it up and lent me the cable. May he live a happy and wealthy life, kind and generous soul. : )

It is so gorgeous here. The buildings are beautiful, the weather has even been good, everyone has been nice and helpful....ahh, I really missed being here. On the other hand I'm terribly homesick (I think a lot of it has to do with lack of sleep) but I miss you all more than you know and yes, I realize it's only been two days, but let's not get hung up on details.

I'll say goodnight before this turns into a book. Oh! Monday I start work, Tuesday I head up to Koeln (Cologne) for my week of orientation. Just to let you know what's coming up.

You guys take care and I love and miss you lots. Big hugs to all.

: D

No comments: