Sunday, September 04, 2005

Volksfest

Hallo Alle! Wie geht's euch? I'm currently sitting in front of my wonderfully large windows "lufting". (i.e. letting fresh air in since Germany has yet to see the benefits of central air systems. That's right folks, it may be snowing outside, but you're still going to open your windows for some substantial amount of time each day.)

This weekend there's been a sort of community festival in town, and last night I finally checked it out. Probably because until last night I couldn't keep myself upright after the hour of 8. It was great! It was spread out through the Altstadt (old city center, where it's cobblestone and not many cars and all sorts of shops and cafes, what you think of when you think of Europe in movies or pictures). There were several bands in different areas and all sorts of food. It's been so long since I enjoyed a proper Rotewurst and wow, echt lecker!! (really yummy) What's so exciting about these kind of events is that such a crowd comes out. The night air was still fairly warm and the streets were filled with people enjoying the festivities. It doesn't really compare to ones I've seen in the U.S.

Yesterday I was smart enough to go grocery shopping. I remember so many times during my last trip that I forgot that everything was closed on Sundays and many a Sunday were spent eating pasta. Pasta with butter, pasta with olive oil.....lol.

Megan-actually no, I'm still working on the recycling situation. It is bothering me because you know how hard I try to be a "good German" and I am definitely not out to get on Recyclemanns bad side!

I'd really like to stop lufting now...it's getting quite chilly in here. But then I wouldn't be a good German if I gave up so easily!

1 comment:

Megan said...

good job with the lufting...keep that mold away kate...be strong! :) and good job rembering about the stores on sunday, maybe i'll have to have a few sundays with honorary pasta and olive oil/butter...miss you tons kate!!! and have fun :D