Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Hi My Name's Kate

Day Two of school and I went to six classes today with three different teachers. They have about 13 English teachers at my school, so it will take me a week or two (once I get back) to go around with them and see which classes I want to help. And what teachers. There were two today that I really liked, a couple that I wouldn't be heartbroken if I didn't go back....hee hee. The teachers didn't use me much, but it's still early. Mostly I stood in front, introduced myself, said where I'm from, then waited for questions. One teacher just put me in her chair and had me take over for the hour since it was a sort of free period. It was definitely close to pulling teeth because there weren't many questions. Overall a good day, though.

Tonight I'm meeting some teachers in a bar in the Altstadt. Should be interesting.

I had a craving for Doener tonight (yummy Turkish dish that they shave off of a rotating spittle thing) and the server was really nice, he gave me a free yogurt/salty whatnot drink with my sandwich. I hesistated a bit before trying it, but out of politeness I had to oblige. It was actually pretty good!

I suppose I ought to study before I go out tonight, I've been a bit behind in my homework. Oops. It's just so exciting here!

1 comment:

Megan said...

it's good to hear that you're enjoying your classes and it sounds like you're in a good city and a good school...go kate go :)