Saturday, January 05, 2008

Death of a Washing Machine




These pictures are of me removing my clothes from our washing machine, with, oh yes, CHOP STICKS. Seriously.

Angelina had already done two loads today and I went to do one, and I noticed tons of her washing powder in there. I just thought she had added too much. But really it hadn't gone down into the machine. So I started my load and waited. And waited. And finally it was taking so long and I checked and the knob hadn't moved and then I smelled smoke and something burning and Angelina touched the machine and it was burning hot. So we turned it off, waited til it was stopped and we opened it. And out came tons of smoke!

We waited awhile to rescue my clothes, but they were way hot so she handed me the chop sticks. Currently my clothes are sitting outside, cooling down. I will check on them soon to see if they are damaged. Hopefully I can get to a washing salon in the next few days. Oh my dear goodness. Look at the pictures above, you can actually see the smoke! Angelina had the brilliant idea to document it. Oh, what a story it makes!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

As per our discussion on the phone today, Darling Daughter, it will be so nice to return to the First World!

Look at the bright side,,,,,okay, so maybe there isn't a bright side. hehehe

Danny Crane

Lorna said...

Kate since we moved into a new house and with the trouble of selling homes in the US, we have all new appliances included. So I have a deal for you. 5 yr old Maytag washer & dryer set for sale, just $400.00 Only you have to come get them, we don't deliver.

Hope everything else is going good for you.

Love aunt Lorna

Megan said...

Maybe you should just wear your clothes a few times between washes. It would be easier on the cleaning machines and more ecologically friendly :)

Megan said...

Now Kate, you bother your dad to put up frequent posts and here you are slacking off again :)