Saturday, January 19, 2008

Elbe Walk











Today Chris, Emma and I took the train out to Blankenese, then we walked alongside the Elbe bank and beach all the way to Landungsbruecke, approx. 7.5 miles. It took us a few hours and was soooooooo much fun! We sang songs and danced as we walked, admired the beach, discussed capitalism, and had a great time. The area is absolutely beautiful! The rain let up for the afternoon so we didn't even get wet.

There are pics of the beach, Emma and I after walking through winding cobblestone paths down to the beach in Blankenese, me with the Old Swede (an old rock from the last ice age that they jokingly call their earlier immigrant), a sign that I think means don't jump off the waves? lol, and I tried to upload a short video of the water.

Now I'm at home on a Saturday night slaving away at my paper.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I am impressed with your distance. Love the pics, sure more interesting than my exercise around the neighborhood.

Megan said...

See, you can totally walk 13.1 miles, especially with training and proper clothing :) That sounds like a beautiful walk though and the pictures are great. I love the video too!

Unknown said...

somehow I think that walking along the Elbe is funner than 13.1 miles with thousands of people down city streets.....

then again, never know til you try!