Sunday, January 13, 2008

Weekend Fun

Hello All!

I have to clarify, this last presentation was in English, not German. My other ones were in German, but my professor thought it would be an excellent learning experience for the class if I gave it in my mother tongue. I did not object. ; )

And if you want to see some baby pics from Val's cutie, you can go here: http://www1.snapfish.com/groups/loganmichaellopez/cobrandOid=1000

I also forgot to mention what happened to Andrew before we met up on Friday. He took the S-Bahn to the main train station, and as he got off he didn't see the big gap between the train and platform. He stepped right into it and was fell in halfway up his body! He had a couple of bottles of beer with him for the movie, and one was in his inner coat pocket. As he landed in between the train and platform, it smashed and luckily only his hand got cut. Also, he was able to pull himself out of the hole before the train continued on. Thank goodness! It was a pretty scary story. Funny, since he was ok, but also scary if you think about what could have happened. Yikes! And he smelled like beer all night.

Yesterday I went out with Chris and Emma. We went to the Schanze Viertel again and then to a really awesome Doener place with the craziest of decorations. We then went out west to an entertainment complex, where there was bowling, pool, food, movies, etc. We wanted to go bowling, but apparently you have to call several days in advance and reserve a lane. So we played pool. Eric and Joy (Korean friends of ours) met us there. Joy is a boy, and took his name from "Enjoy". They also have a friend who choose the name "Airbag". I kid you not. They all take English names, and I have no idea why, but this guy seriously wanted to be called Airbag. Oh, the fits of laughter that ensue!

Anyway, we played pool for awhile, and then the boys went up to pay, and the guy at the counter got really mad that Chris was taking awhile to count out the money and tried to get him to go outside and fight him! I about fell over. It was like being in a bad movie. I couldn't believe he really wanted to fight him. We just left.

We got to see Eric's place which is a great apartment. He cooked us up some kimchi, or Korean fermented cabbage, with rice and sausage. Mmmm! He also has a projecter instead of a tv, and it fills up the entire wall. Talk about cool!

Today Emma, Chris and I are planning on taking a walk since we didn't do much in the way of movement yesterday and since the sun is actually shining!!!!!! It might disappear at any moment, but my fingers are crossed that we have at least a few hours of it! Oh sun, how I've missed you!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Kate, it sounds like you had a great weekend, I'm glad your presentation went well and you got to give such a good learning experience :)