Saturday, January 12, 2008

Go Mary and Val!

Mary just passed her 100 mile walk/jog goal, and I just wanted to say a public congrats! That is really awesome!

And Val is going back to school to finish her degree, which I find simply AWESOME! I also forgot to put pics/a link on my blog for Val's gorgeous baby boy, so I will do that as soon as she resends me the info (me=bad friend!).

As for life here, I had my block seminar last night from 4-8 and gave my presentation. I felt I could have done a better job, the profs seemed to have liked it. I was a bit nervous because the girl in front of me got eaten alive. The harsher prof said it was the worst presentation he has heard this semester, as well as last semester. Ouch. It was painful. Luckily they thought mine was pretty good. Whew!

And now I just have two big papers and a test left for semester. Yay!

Last night Andrew and I went out to celebrate and saw a late movie, Berlin Am Meer, and then went to the Schanze Viertel and drank Bier until just after 3. We also ran through the streets (prior to having Bier), which was quite fun. It was a warm night here, about 50F, a temp we haven't seen in awhile. So that was my crazy celebration. It wasn't quite as wild as it sounds.

: )

2 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Kate, thanks for the congrats and good going with your presentation. I cannot imagine how difficult it is to present, at the level you are at, in another language. Congrats to you!!!

Unknown said...

I agree with you Kate,,,,congrats to Mary for reaching such a goal! I remember having driven 100 miles once.....

And you, daughter, probably deserve a new scarf for you toils, I'll see if I can find you one! hehehe