Saturday, November 10, 2007

Bumming around Hamburg

Dad and I have been having all sorts of adventures. Like at the hotel sauna the other night when we got kicked out because some German tattletales told the manager we were wearing our swimsuits in the sauna. Apparently it is "dirty". I don't understand how that is more dirty than wearing a towel, but ok. Of course, they couldn't just be adults and come tell us. They stared, glared, pointed, then told the manager. Talk about two-year olds. lol.

Today it didn't rain on us. It did rain all night, but there was some sun today and we took advantage of it!

We also got me a pair of waterproof boots. I kept seeing all these women wearing tall boots with their pants tucked in and I thought it was a bit dumb, until my pants and shoes were continuously soaked, and realized perhaps it was not a fashion statement, but rather a more practical action against the elements. Fair enough, I'll play.

Tonight we're going to meet up with Emma and Chris and go play pool. Dad's excited.

We haven't gotten his passport returned yet and he is supposed to leave tomorrow. That is definitely on the side of NOT GOOD. Hmmmm. What to do?

I forgot how, this far north, the sun never goes straight up in the sky, but rather makes an arch to the side. (did I already blog this?) Megan, do you remember when we discovered that in Tueb? Weird, I think.

I finished The Kite Runner and definitely liked it, so we got A Thousand Splendid Suns today. I'm never going to do school work, I'm just going to read for fun! lol.

Oh, I had Arabic on Friday and wow, did that kick my butt! I felt really stupid. I was so lost and falling behind and other peoplel seemed to already have experience in it. I was trying to figure out the symbols and the "letters" and he was just going quickly and of course teaching in broken German. lol. That right to left thing and symbols is a bit hard. I still want to add some Chinese in, as well. And I think I have a Spanish tandem partner now, so I will have to study that so I can try to improve. Then Dad left some Italian books with me to work on, as well. LOL. Too many languages?

Ok, time to post pics.

Miss and love you all tons! : )

1 comment:

Megan said...

Now Kate, don't forget about the big T too :) You'll have to post a picture of the boots with your pants tucked in, I am quite curious to see what they look like.

I do remember watching the sun go around the side of the sky. I remember it was even more pronounced in Warsaw and got dark really really early there. How late is it light in Hamburg now?