Saturday, November 03, 2007

Dad in Hamburg




So far Dad and I have been bumming around town. We hit a market to get him some fresh fruit, cheese, meats and breads for breakfasts, walked around LOTS, have gone to a couple of very yummy restaurants, etc.
Today we ate a fun Indian restaurant, then went into town to get me a new nose ring b/c the jewel fell out! And I so liked that one! The new one isn't as cool, but it is still cute. And the lady was so nice, she even numbed my nose a big beforehand. It was still painful. Do you know how they change them? With pliers. Honest to goodness. They pull out the medical pliers and I take a deep breath and close my eyes. I've really got to learn to do this myself. Mother of all that is good it hurts! lol. Fun stuff.
Later on Dad and I got to sit in a barrel at the Groeninger. And had some delicious German food. Mmmmm.
I'm supposed to study tomorrow morning. Sadly, I forgot a reader at Dad's, and I forgot to pick one up in town, and of course everything will be closed tomorrow. Oops!
Last night we met up with Emma and went for dinner and drinks. Quite funny. Emma hadn't seen my dad since we met up in Paris years ago. : )
Dad and I called it an early night because we were both tired. But now I'm listening to salsa music and it's making me want to go dancing so badly. At home, of course, not here. lol. If only Kansas and Europe were next door. Or I had one of those futuristic portal zappy things where I could step in and be flashed to one country in two seconds. Hasn't anyone developed that yet? They should really get a move on, sheesh.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Good to hear you're having a good time with your dad :) Keep enjoying yourself!

Unknown said...

If I look cold, it's because I am!!!