Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Foreigner

I went to the Piasta Cafe tonight. It's at the International House near campus and is for foreign students, and there's free drinks and food. So I met some new people, drank tea, and ate some traditional Hamburger food that one of the Germans said he can't eat anymore because he has seen it prepared. We asked that he not tell us, as we were eating it, and I know some other traditional food from the area that makes me sick just thinking of it. So best not to know. Tasted good, however.

The guy who said that is a German who provided the live music for the evening. I told him he sang in English without an accent. He said he can hear my accent, and I interrupted with, yes, you can tell I speak English natively. To which he replied, no, I meant your southern German accent. Oh. Um, right. I have been told that before. He thought it was funny, the mixture of American and southern German.

I also met a fun Russian girl. Megan, do you remember all the Eastern European/Russian people we knew in Tueb? Now, not to stereotype, but is it me, or are they just a heck of a lot of fun?! I wish I were more fun like that! I don't know why Tatyana started talking to me, but I'm really glad she did! Maybe I really do have some of that Polish descent in me!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I definitely remember how much fun they are, also not to stereotype, but that was definitely the case.

Unknown said...

I can't complain about anybody we met in Germany (that wasn't driving a taxi!) It's all good!