Sunday, November 25, 2007

Stadtpark






These are all pics of the Stadtpark (city park) that Melanie and I visited this afternoon. There is lots of green space, trees, water, trails, cafes, playgrounds, etc. Even a few places to place almost life-sized chess! I love that! I'll have to go do that one day. And I included a pic of a sign that I liked. : )
It was a good day, I got out a bit, walked around, saw somewhere new, had some lovely cake and coffee, and then worked for hours on my intercultural misunderstandings presentation. I tell you, it's a whole other story in German. Much harder. I have a bit of a rough draft down, but I think I'll need to work quite a bit on it still. I am giving it a week from next Saturday, when I have my next Block Seminar.
Yesterday's Block Seminar went all. We did lots of group work and interesting activities, and we sat in a circle with candles in the middle when we discussed. Funny, but kind of cool. I was definitely beat when I got home, however.
Tomorrow I go to apply for my visa. Yay!
Oh yeah, we have lots of fruit flies here inside and they are always flying around your face, and one just flew up my nose. Wow, I really didn't appreciate that!

3 comments:

Marine momma said...

Hey Kate can you look at the comment on my blog on November 17th? someone put a comment on there that I can not read. I think they were answering my question of whats a Euro. I love all your pics. Are you back to studying again? LOL. Love you Kate, Aunt Shirley

Marine momma said...

Hi again Kate. I was checking out your blog and since I didnt get online on Thanksgiving I didnt see your be thankful list. so here is mine.

I am thankful for my John, Jereme and Adam and Tammy, Niki and Ethan.
I am thankful for my brothers and sisters and my mom. I am thankful for my dad even though he is not here with us now, but I still talk to him a lot. I am thankful for all my family and friends cuz without them I wouldnt have the life I have and am thankful for. I am thankful that I have a job to go to each day and for this wonderful USA that we live in.

Megan said...

Ewww, maybe you're not as clean as you think you are if the fruit flies like you :) The other weekend I got home from a bike ride and had a dead fly stuck to the front of my calf :) (I was going fast enough it was dead on impact)