Thursday, November 08, 2007

Doing the Laundry

It sounds like a simple thing, right? Doing the laundry. Ahhh, if only! I put in a load of darks last night and four hours later it was still running. Now, German machines can take a good three hours, so I found this a bit odd. Sure enough, it seemed stuck on one area, so I twisted the knob to the next section. Figured it would get going and when I awoke, it would be done. Seven a.m. and I wake up and here the washer still going. Uh-oh.

It was stuck again and still hadn't run the spin cycle, so the clothes were soaking. On top of that they didn't smell clean. I decided I would just run it again on another cycle and see if that works. I figure I'll be home again in four hours or so, and maybe it will be done. Lol. And then I accidentally dropped the drying rack and it broke, naturally, so I'll be buying Angelina a new one of those later today.

And the weather? Not raining a the moment, but it did rain, and it looks like it will again. Oh sun, where did you go!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I hope your second attempt at laundry works better than the first and I hope all of your clothes get clean :D

L Boyd said...

Kate sounds like you guys are having fun and your room is coming together nicely. By the way does your dad actually have on a t-shirt with sleeves? I didn't think he owned any of those lol. Take care and try to stay dry.

Lisa