Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Turkey Day!!!

I realize it's not Thanksgiving here, but somewhere in the world, the wonderful US of A to be exact, it IS! I wish I could be there celebrating as well, but that would be one heck of a travel for some turkey and great company!

So to all of you who are celebrating today, enjoy the holiday, eat some great Thanksgiving food for me, and Happy Turkey Day!

And as always, in my tradition of the holiday, I like everyone to go around and say what they are thankful for. So, if you wouldn't mind, when you comment, please leave as many things you are thankful for as you would like.

A short list of mine: family, friends, health, opportunities (like Uni and studying abroad!), being born in the U.S., and so many more. But most of all, the amazing people in my life. I am definitely grateful for you.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I thank God for giving me this wonderful life.

I am thankful for my Sprout. I don't think a parent could ask for a better daughter.

I am thankful for my best friends, Dusty and Lisa, who are practically family, and the numerous other close friends I have in Kansas City, too many to mention on Kate's blogsite.

I am thankful for my relationship with Toni, a great place to stay in Des Moines, good wine, good food, and honest advice when I need it.

I am thankful for Jeanie, Mother of Sprout, and the fact that we are close after 34 years and a couple of marriages. hehe

I am thankful for my mother, my brothers, and my sisters. I know they'll always be there for me.

I am thankful that this job only lasts until June and then I can go home!!!

Oh, but most of all, I am thankful for my next vacation with Kate in Jamaica! Pina Colada's here we come!

Kate said...

That was a wonderful list, Dad! Thanks for partaking. I really do enjoy mentioning what we're thankful for. :)

Toni said...

I am grateful to know that each day when I get up, there is nothing in my life that I can't handle because of the people in my life. Those special people bring me joy and comfort every day of my life. But Kate, you are always on the top of my list.
Happy Thanksgiving to every one of you special people.

Mary said...

I am thankful for my family, even for Megan who has B scrambling and barking after the most annoying squeaker toy in the world on a quiet Thanksgiving morning.

I am thankful for friends, for the family we will spend Thanksgiving with, for the opportunity to stay in contact with Kate and to meet Daniel in cyberspace, and for the tremendous color they bring to life.

I am thankful for the opportunity to be thankful, we have food, health, and live in peace.

Hugs to those far away where real hugs will not reach.

Megan said...

I am thankful for you Kate.
I am thankful for my family(including B)
I am thankful for my friends, my intelligence, my opportunities to use that intelligence, for having enough money to have a good life, for my health, for the health of those people I care about, I am thankful for the peace I live in. Generally I am very thankful for life.