Thursday, November 01, 2007

Happy November!

A new month. Ahhhh. And it looks like Hamburg chooses to welcome it with gray, cold and rain. So friendly. : )

Dad got here just fine yesterday. I was afraid he would run into the same problem I had in Munich, but he didn't. He got right through passport control and security and onto his gate without breaking a sweat. Lucky him.

Anyhow, I picked him up from the airport and we took a taxi and this time I waited in line (or what the Germans think is a line) and the taxi driver understood German. It was such a better experience!!

Dad's hotel is nice. It has a swimming pool and sauna and a hot tub that isn't hot (sadness!). We got settled in, left our stuff there, then went out into the great big world to find an adaptor, hat and scarf, and food. We were successful, except when Dad plugged in the adaptor later, it started to hum, then buzz, then it sounded like it was going to explode and Dad unplugged it and it was burning up. I said I'd bring over one of mine today. lol.

We had a nice dinner, walked around a bit, and then headed back to check out the hotel amenities. Lots of fun!

It was a nice, however uneventful day. Today I have class from 10-12, so I'm letting Dad sleep in, and I'll find my way over there after I'm back from class. Maybe then my blog will get a bit more exciting!

: )

Hope you all had a happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Mutti said...

See! I DO read your Blog! You two have fun today!

Megan said...

Have fun showing your dad your happy sunny city :) Fall weather has hit the bay area as well...foggy in the morning, sunny and warm in the afternoon. Don't forget to tell Koto to keep an eye out for the journal :D

Anonymous said...

Kate! I'm so glad to know you are enjoying Hamburg! I've been studying translation and working in Lisbon since the beginning of October, don't know if I told you because it was all so sudden, but my point is: you're in Europe and so am I!! When can you come to Portugal? Will you still come at X-mas? XX

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more!