Monday, November 12, 2007

Lift Off

Ladies and gentlemen we have lift off! Dad got his visa and passport returned today, so I stuck him on a train to Frankfurt to catch a flight to Dubai. I can't remember if he's making a pitstop in Cairo, but either way, it'll be an exciting trip. They couldn't change his flight in Dubai on the phone, b/c, as the man put it, "you aren't here". Well, as Vati would say, what's the duh-factor on that one? The could be why he's calling....?

As of right now he is still on the train, his flight leaves Frankfurt at 12:05 in the morning, and he's hoping to be in Kabul by Wednesday afternoon. Fingers crossed!

It was great having Dad here, but now I've got to get some studying done! I have some Referats coming up, readings to do, and haven't even started on my thesis.

I had my first belly dancing class today. Very interesting. We started with some yoga to warm up. Oh wait, I forgot. I know the Germans are all comfortable with their bodies and whatnot, but I didn't realize that we'd all just change into our gym clothes right there in the room in front of everyone. Right. Mom, remember when you asked me, why do you have to have cute underwear? Who's going to see it? Well, apparently, my entire belly dancing class will. And if that's not fun enough, the teacher comes around and fixes you if you're out of position. Apparently my bum and stomach were off, b/c she just grabbed ahold and moved me! lol. It's quite amusing when one is "broadening one's horizons".

And it's definitely time to vacuum up the spiders again. Darn things.

Tschuess!n : )

1 comment:

Mutti said...

Ok Munchkin....so I see you can blog, but have no time to email or im your Mutti who is absolutely sure you have disappeared off the face of the earth!

Good to know you're ok. Miss you!

Love,
Mutti