Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Rain Forest

I've decided I live in a rain forest. Notice I did not say "tropical". I got up this morning and dared to peak out the window at the weather and what was it like? Can you take a wild guess? Did you say cold, rainy and windy? Well by George, you're right!!! It looked like maybe the worst of the rain was over, and a few minutes later the downpour came. I can see why grass and plants thrive so well here. Other than the lack of sun. Actually, you think that alone would kill them all off. And yet. Very plant-y country, this Germany.

Dad and I have a bunch of things planned for today since I have no classes. I can't seem to talk him into doing touristy things like taking the bus around town to sight-see. So instead we're going to try and find me a bike, maybe a rug, and a big fat rain poncho. You laugh, ok wait, actually, I find the image of me in a big fat rain poncho pretty amusing as well. Perhaps I'll take pictures. It reminds me of a mumu. Didn't I just blog about one of those earlier? Hmmmm.

Can someone make the rain stop? I have heard of rain dances, but are there Please God Stop the Torential Downpour dances? And if so, can someone send me the link?

1 comment:

Megan said...

When I went to the Boston Marathon this past year to spectate I stood out in the rain for three hours or so in a big fat poncho...very useful if not fashinable :)