Saturday, October 27, 2007

Address Verification

Mary, my address is:

Kate Austin c/o Kutschkarowa
Grillparzerstr. 32
22085 Hamburg
Germany

I am pretty excited about classes. Today I have to actually do some studying!

Emma and I met up yesterday and the goal was to go around the city, finally. Third time's the charm! But when I met her, I hadn't eaten yet and was quite hungry, as was she. So we stopped by a nice bakery and got some lunch. And as we just sat there and watched people go by, she turned to me and said, "We might just have to give this up. Every time we try to get you oriented in town, we get distracted by cake!"

She had a good point. So we grudgingly extricated ourselves from the lovely bakery and started walking around town some more. And we did actually succeed in our mission, as I now have a better feel for where things are. I mean, it will still take some time, as Hamburg is a bit large, but it was a good start.

I spent the whole day with Emma, and when Chris got off work we met up with him and ate a a Mexican restaurant. Now, normally Germans don't do very good Mexican food, and granted, I wouldn't call it authentic, but it was quite tasty! Eric met up with us, and after stopping by his office, we headed for the Groeninger, a very, very large basement bar/restaurant with some German food (b/c there isn't much in Hamburg) and lots of beer, etc. But the coolest thing about it? You get to sit in big barrells! That was quite exciting. Don't get that much at home.

No comments: